Monday, June 1, 2009

Headlight Process Photos


This weekend I worked on both building my new headlight and doing some maintenance on my ride-around bike, my WWII themed Puch Maxi. Here's some process photos for the headlight:

First, on either side of the light there were different panels. One had an extra pane of glass, the other a double thick brass wall. To make them symmetrical, I knocked out the glass on one, then cut out and ground down the edges of the metal on the other, leaving two holes.

Then, as you can see above, I used wood blocks made for door moldings as the side pieces. I drilled holes in those, epoxied conduit pipe in them and add the supporting brass hardware.

The green arm (part of an antique mole trap) was used to mount the springs by drilling support holes in to the frame. The (almost) finished product turned out to be the perfect size and shape, and after a little bending and boring, the original headlight mounts were reused to mount to the bottom.

Just for fun I mounted up all the parts I have so far and I gotta say, it's looking pretty punk!

No comments:

Post a Comment