Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Goldmine

I was working the night before last on the control box and I was feeling like I was a little low on junk parts. I stopped by a few thrift stores on my way home and found a pair of gems: an old sewing machine and a slide projector.

After taking them apart (which took a hell of a lot longer than I anticipated) I found some really awesome components to use. The sewing machine had tons of little linkages and arms which I've got on the control box now, interconnecting with the sundial compass I installed.

Also, the projector had a couple really cool lenses I think I can use on a light or two and one diamond of a find: this small rotary fan! I have no idea where it's going to go, but it's going somewhere. I was considering putting it on my carb's air-intake but there's so many possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment