Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Control Box & Mount - Nearly Finished


I spent the weekend and the last few days putting together the rail that will hold the fairly hefty control box against the tank. You can see all the little details in these shots, and the coolest part is that the front screw of the compass actually hold the entire lid in place, so it can be removed if necessary.

The rails came off of an old brass fireplace screen that I bent to shape to follow the curve of the tank. The trick is that I can't actually drill in to the tank to mount the whole thing without worrying about sealing it back up, so I've devised a way to use some mounts at the bottom to bolt in to the frame, a bracket around the gas nozzle to hold most of the weight, and two mounts at the top (tonight's project) to secure it to the frame up there.

Hopefully after tonight I'll have the whole piece mounted and get to wiring up the lights!

No comments:

Post a Comment