Thursday, July 9, 2009

Electrical Work

I started working on the wiring for the bike, which is going to take a good couple of days to finish. Electrical is not really my forte, but with my roommate's help (he builds robots) I should make it through.

First, I hammered out the frame that will house the lamp. I harvested this piece from an old slide projector ad it was nearly the right size, but 10 minutes on the anvil made it perfect. Man, I love hammering shit on those.

Next I epoxied my lamp in to the, again, perfect-sized housing (talk about a lucky find). The LEDs have such a long life I'm not really concerned with having to replace it. The thing will probably out-live me.

Here's the assembly inside the headlight. Trust me, it's a LOT brighter than it looks. Plus, this light is more for people to see me, the secondary light below is for the road.

Finally, here's the rat nest that is the wiring process. As you can see I've tagged all the wires to make sure what's-what. Once I run all the wire I'll attach them to their respective lights and terminals and see if I can get the switches working. This weekend, however, I'm planning the big electro-etching process so I'll have one more night to work on it until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment