Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Last Steps


As you can see, the bike is almost completely done. I tested the spark last night, and it's bright and strong so my kill switch and all the lights are operating correctly. I can officially scratch the electrical system off my list!

There are three last things remaining:
  • Throttle Cable - Usually we have them lying around but I had to order one.
  • Carb Tuning - Having the throttle will let me actually start the bike, test for air leaks and tune all the jets properly.
  • Speedometer - The drive I bought was too small for the axle, and the cable was too short, of course. I tracked down a long cable and new drive on ebay and handybikes.com, so fingers crossed they're compatible.
Other than that, I'm completely done with construction. Once the bike is running (and the snow that's falling right now passes) I'm planning on doing a quick video-tour of the bike and all the parts for a final post, followed by some nice photos. Let's hope it's soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment