Saturday, September 26, 2009

Phase 2 Finished - Painting Complete

Phase 2 is finally finished! I received my second batch of AutoAir paints that I used this weekend in an 7 hour paint-a-thon thus bringing this phase to an end. Luckily, an entire week of cold, rainy weather broke for a warm and clear weekend allowing me to paint outside.

Slowly but surely the gold layers were built up on the parts until each one had even coverage. I barely had enough supplies to finish but the end product turned out great. I dare say even "pimp."

After the color, I used a urethene clear coat with a separate kicker for the gloss coat. I made sure to clean all the paint from my gun, seen here, soaking in thinner, to make sure the clear wasn't contaminated with any color.

Finally, after a long day of work (and a wicked migraine from the fumes, even through a mask) I finished the gloss coats. I made sure to take some photos of the parts in the sun to really capture the sheen and I'm very happy with the way they turned out. Now all I have to do is put the thing back together and hope the weather holds for a few rides before the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment