Saturday, May 2, 2009

Scouring Antique Stores

I spent the weekend scouring every thrift and antique store I could find searching for anything I could use. The salvage yard idea turned up to be a dead end, but a few vintage hardware store (the owners of which even knew what Steampunk was!) ended up being pretty helpful.

The best ones I found were:

The Antique Exchange
This store hand two huge floors where I found some antique tools and tongs and some cool door knobs I could use for something.

Grandpa Snazzy's
This weird store is mostly for home restoration but I found a few brass arms and some hinges that should be pretty useful.

Packrat Antiques
This place had the COOLEST collection of science and tech antiques ever. They had microscopes, surgery kits, lamps, guns, all kinds of cool stuff. The owners, however, are the meanest old cranks I have every met. If I do end up buying something from there I will definitely tell them I'll most likely be destroying the item for parts (after I pay for it).

No comments:

Post a Comment