Monday, May 18, 2009

New Sketches

I did some sketching over the weekend trying to get a handle on a few of the other components of the bike:

In this sketch you can see how the box and the compass (both shown in photos below) will sit on the tank. The run/kill switch and lights on/off will be installed with old-looking amber lights while the wiring will come out both sides through brass elbow pipes. I haven't figured out how to mount the thing to the tank without punching holes in it, but one step at a time.

I sat on the seat for a while to feel how comfortable it is. My legs are a bit longer so after a while the built-in footboard felt a bit too cramped. My idea was to mount a second set of handle bars from the footboard underneath the tank to use as foot pegs. Placed far enough forward they should allow the pedals to still function but not interfere with the forks turning. I may be able to use the point at which the bars mount to the bracket to attach the control box at well, so it may be a good solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment